Buchi's Laksa - The Best Ever Laksa You'll Taste in Your Life!


Laksa is a fragrant and spicy noodle soup widely popular around the South East Asian countries, particularly in Singapore and Malaysia, and equally famous in Indonesia and Thailand. While the origin of laksa is unknown, it’s better known as the fusion of Chinese noodles and Southeast Asian curries.

My first experience with laksa was not at all pleasant. I was in Malaysia for training when I tried “Penang Assam laksa,” or fish soup. Please don’t get me wrong, but the only way I could describe it is it was unpleasant. 😖 I promised myself I’ll never eat laksa again. But there’s one laksa brand that changed my perception about laksa entirely.

Introducing – Buchi’s Laksa! A brainchild of mompreneur Eira, who has extensive knowledge about Singaporean laksa. With regular travels back and forth between Singapore and Manila, finding the perfect laksa to match the original taste of those she tried in Singapore was nothing but easy.

So, Eira and her husband decided just to concoct their own recipe. After numerous trials and errors, and taste testing with family and friends, they finally found the right recipe for Singaporean laksa that tastes as authentic as the original recipe. Thus, Buchi’s Laksa was born – named after Eira’s childhood nickname as a tribute to her dad, who gave her that alias as a term of endearment when he was still alive. Sweet! 😍

Now, on to the review!

The first thing that immediately caught my attention when Buchi’s Laksa was delivered to me was its packaging. I was pretty worried about how it would look since it has broth, and the travel from Pasig (point of origin) to my place in Bulacan was quite far. But boy! I was so wrong! 😁 It was still in perfect shape, no spills, no ruined laksa at all! Why? Because this beautiful mompreneur was simply too smart to ensure that her packaging is spill-proof. While writing this, I wished that I was able to take more pictures of it. 😏


But since I didn’t, I’ll just describe it briefly since those foods with broth must be packed the way Buchi’s Laksa do. The broth was packed securely in a separate plastic bag and then placed underneath the rest of the ingredients, which were also in a separate bag. Then, they were placed inside an eco-friendly paper bowl with a separator, sealed with tape with its brand printed on it. The result – tightly secured laksa delivered at my doorstep. Very clever packaging, indeed! 👍

Now, for the taste. Honestly, I was a little hesitant at first because of my previous experience with laksa. But on the first sip of the broth, the first word that came out of my mouth was OMG! 🤯 No BS here, but it was insanely delicious! The thickness was just right. The blend of saltiness and sweetness was perfect. The seafood flavor wasn’t overpowering.

The shrimp was fresh, the noodles were al-dente, and the balls (lobster, squid, crabstick, etc.) and all other ingredients balanced its overall taste. It was just a little too spicy for me, but then again, it’s the true nature of laksa, so I can’t complain. Besides, I’m really not so big on spicy foods like what I always say. 

So, my verdict – it truly is the best laksa I’ve ever tasted! It completely changed my perception of laksa. I’d say kudos to Buchi’s Laksa and its creator, Eira, for doing such a great job in their Singaporean Laksa recipe (and packaging) despite not being a Singaporean herself. No sugarcoating here, but these are the local businesses that deserve support because of their quality products. 👌👌👌


Place your orders directly to their pages and experience Buchi’s Laksa yourself to prove my claim.

Buchi's Laksa Facebook

Buchi's Laksa Instagram

 

Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement. My reviews are unbiased and based on my own experience. If I didn’t find anything negative about the product, it’s because there wasn’t any.

Follow me on:

Instagram 

Twitter

LinkedIn

Facebook


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZzizzlingBurger is Here! The Perfect Blend of Quality and Affordability

PANN Ya - A Little Piece of Heaven in Every Bite

Mackoy's Kitchen - All You Need for Your Next Big Party