Bebuy's - Serving Some of the Best but Affordable Filipino Dishes


Some popular brands come to mind immediately when I think about Filipino foods – Barrio Fiesta, Aristocrat, Gerry's Grill, The Singing Cooks, and Waiters, Cabalen, etc. I mean, why wouldn't I? These are the institutions in the industry that served as pillars of Filipino cuisine in the country. Most of them have been a part of our childhood, at least, those around my age. I remember when I was young, going to Barrio Fiesta or Aristocrat was a reward for my hard-earned grades from school. Ahhh! Those were the days! 😁

But let’s give the budding entrepreneurs a chance. The ones I’ve mentioned above have already fought their battle and won them. After all, my blogs are all about helping new local food businesses, especially during this pandemic. So, here, I found a very new Filipino restaurant located at the heart of the busy Caloocan City. They simply call it Bebuy’s, named after the cute son of one of the owners, Maylene.

Started only in November 2020, Bebuy’s is a joint venture of three young entrepreneurs Rosemarie, Maylene, and Rozuel. Thus, Bebuy’s is registered as RMR. The restaurant serves authentic Filipino dishes at very affordable prices. Their best-sellers are Bulalo, crispy pata, dinakdakan, bagnet kare kare, and beef pinapaitan. Out of these specialties, I’ve tried the bulalo and dinakdakan. Here’s my review of these two dishes:

Bulalo

If you’re reviewing a bulalo meal, the first thing you try is the broth, which is exactly what I did to Bebuy’s bulalo. As soon as I had my first sip, I knew right off the bat that it was indeed, as they say, it is – authentic! I wouldn’t say it’s the same as Bulalo Point or Josephine’s in Tagaytay, but it wasn’t too far away. When I say authentic, the taste of the beef is real. I can quickly tell if it tastes more of beef cubes than the true taste of beef. Bebuy’s did not disappoint. I was imagining long hours of boiling the bone marrow to allow its natural flavor to infuse on the broth. 😍

It also has generous amounts of vegetables – cabbage, sweet corn, Baguio beans, and spring onion. I could also taste a hint of some roasted garlic, which is what I also add when I cook bulalo myself. The only thing I didn’t quite appreciate was that they were a little on the overcooked side already and weren’t as crispy as I would have wanted them to. But that’s not to be taken against Bebuy’s as the dish was still piping hot when packed.

So, the vegetables got cooked some more while being traveled to me by the courier. But look at the photo below when they serve it in the restaurant. Mouth-watering, right? 😋 However, I would suggest separating the vegetables when packing them for deliveries, especially in distant locations. But overall, I was happy with the taste and satisfied with the beefiness. Just a tiny weeny bit of improvements, and it could someday be a contender to other popular brands’ bulalo.


Dinakdakan

Now, onto the next dish. Ahh! I’m lost for words. Bebuy’s dinakdakan is simply perfect! It has the right amount of ingredients, spread beautifully in a bilao (woven tray). The pork fats were expected to be present because dinakdakan uses pork face. But what’s surprising about it was it wasn’t at all too fatty. I saw pieces of pure meat in it, which makes it a welcoming dish even to those trying to avoid fatty foods.

There were chilies, of course, which may be intimidating for people like me who are not big on spicy foods. But nah! It wasn’t too overwhelming that I enjoyed it, as a matter of fact. It only made the dish tastier and more aromatic. To fully enjoy a dinakdakan dish, you must add some calamansi and soy sauce to it. But I didn’t because I wanted to try it on its original taste, and boy! My son and I loved it just the way it was. The mayonnaise balances everything in it. In short, Bebuy’s dinakdakan is a must-try, with or without rice. It’s a winner!



Verdict

Overall, I was satisfied with Bebuy’s bulalo and dinakdakan. The packaging for bulalo can improve by separating the vegetables from the hot broth when transporting for deliveries, but the taste was insanely good and absolutely beefy. The dinakdakan was perfectly packed and beautifully arranged in a bilao. The ingredients were balanced, and the overall taste would make you want to ask for more. Thumbs up from me!

Check how affordable their menu is and place your orders directly on their page:

Bebuy's Facebook Page

 

Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement. My reviews are unbiased and based on my own experience. If I didn’t find anything negative about the product, it’s because there wasn’t any.

Follow me on:

Instagram 

Twitter

LinkedIn

Facebook

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZzizzlingBurger is Here! The Perfect Blend of Quality and Affordability

PANN Ya - A Little Piece of Heaven in Every Bite

Mackoy's Kitchen - All You Need for Your Next Big Party