Joaquin's Gourmet Tuyo - A Marvelous Dress Up for this Poor Man's Meal

 

If you’re a Filipino, I’m pretty sure that tuyo (salted, dried fish) has graced your table one way or the other. While it’s known as a poor man’s meal, tuyo is a classic Filipino delicacy that captured the hearts of many Filipinos, rich or poor. Pair it with some steamed or fried rice and vinegar or tomatoes, and you’ll have your stomach and heart full in a flash. Now, I can almost see your mouth watering. 🀀🀀🀀

But recently, there seems to be a clamor for the leveled-up version of tuyo – gourmet tuyo. The truth is, gourmet tuyo was already existing since the 1980s. There’s no clear record of where it actually originated. Some say it started in Bacolod City and some say it was in Davao. Wherever it originated, one thing is sure – it changed the way we perceived the infamous tuyo.

But it wasn’t until the internet was invented when people all around the archipelago learned about it. Today, you will see tons of different brands available in the market originating from any part of the country. But there’s one that stands out among the rest. At least, in my honest opinion – Joaquin’s Gourmet Tuyo. Honestly, I already love tuyo in its original form. But Joaquin’s made me love it even more. 😍

I’ve tried other brands before, but none of them was able to satisfy my meticulous palate. Most of them were too salty or too spicy and still kind of bears the fish stench. Joaquin’s has the perfect blend of saltiness and spiciness and smells surprisingly pleasant. Like I’ve mentioned in my other blogs, I am not a big eater of spicy foods, so I wouldn’t really appreciate anything too spicy. Joaquin’s Gourmet Tuyo isn’t, that’s why I liked it.

Of course, it also comes in original flavor for those who want it completely chili-free. What surprised me about this brand is that it has a sweet aftertaste. I wasn’t expecting that from a delicacy known for its saltiness, and I never experienced it from other brands I’ve tried. Plus, you don’t have to eat a lot of it to appreciate it. The first bite will already tell you that it’s high-quality.

Even the olive oil used was smooth and not so greasy. You will also see chunks of carrots and some bay leaves for added flavor. Based on my review, a jar of Joaquin’s can serve three to four people, so it’s really super cost-efficient. If you’re eating it all by yourself, you can’t finish it in one sitting. So, it’s perfect for those on a tight budget or just anyone who fancies some dressed-up tuyo and wants food that lasts for a long time.

Joaquin’s Gourmet Tuyo, Tinapa, and Bagoong are a brainchild of a momtrepreneur, Jean Paula Villanueva, named after his son – Joaquin. Aside from being a small business owner, she is also a manager in one of the world’s leading banks. But mind you, all her gourmet products are homemade. Talk about multi-tasking to the highest level!

After trying her products, I can confidently say that it's one of the best I've tried so far. It's something you still want to eat even after a few days more after you've first tried it. Truly my kind of comfort food! It's pretty versatile, too. You can eat it on its own with rice or vegetables, or you can use it as an ingredient to some fried rice or pasta dishes. So, watch out for my recipes as I will collaborate Joaquin's Gourmet Tuyo with The Ruby Pantry's Vegan Pasta.



Place your order directly to her Facebook and Instagram pages:

Joaquin's Facebook

Joaquin's Instagram

Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement. My reviews are unbiased and based on my own experience. If I didn’t find anything negative about the product, it’s because there wasn’t any.

Follow me on:

Instagram 

Twitter

LinkedIn

Facebook

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZzizzlingBurger is Here! The Perfect Blend of Quality and Affordability

PANN Ya - A Little Piece of Heaven in Every Bite

Mackoy's Kitchen - All You Need for Your Next Big Party