Mackoy's Kitchen - All You Need for Your Next Big Party

 

The covid-19 pandemic has changed our lives in many ways, and there was not a single industry that has not been impacted negatively. The food industry is not an exception. In the Philippines alone, many restaurants have closed down during the height of lockdowns everywhere in the country. 

Even the popular ones operating for years, such as Chocolate Kiss CafΓ© in UP Diliman, the Forest House in Baguio, the Whole in the Wall in Makati, and numerous others had to give up instead of losing some more during the pandemic. But amid all these came the rising of online food delivery services. 

It gave small food business owners a ray of hope that we will stand up and survive no matter what. One of the budding online food businesses that I recently discovered is Mackoy’s Kitchen. What sets it apart from the rest is that it doesn’t concentrate on selling only one type of food. In fact, it might be all you need for your next big party! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

The online food business began only this year. But never underestimate the quality of the foods they offer. The family of food experts has vast experience in the food industry that started way back in the 90s when the mom had series of restaurants under her management. The owner, who happens to be the daughter, Chloe, began baking made to order cakes and pastries in 2015. They named their online food delivery services after Chloe's son, Mackoy. πŸ‘Ό

Chloe was generous enough to send me their bestsellers – a bilao package, a Brazo de Mercedes, and a customized cake. Here’s my review for each.

Bilao Package

Chloe’s mom cooked everything that was on the bilao package – pancit guisado, lumpiang shanghai, sisig, and a few slices of lechong kawali. Being a cook myself, the process of reviewing each of them was painstaking as it had to pass my standards. But to my surprise, her mom’s long experience in cooking proved to be worthy. 😊

The pancit was a perfect blend of tastes from its ingredients. I had to squeeze some calamansi and some drops of fish sauce as it’s how you eat pancit, and it turned out better-tasting. However, I would have wanted other ingredients in there, like chicken or pork liver, squid balls, or kikiam. But it’s just me since it’s how I cook pancit. Otherwise, it was delicious overall. 😊

The sisig was almost perfect but just a bit too spicy for me. πŸ‘…Again, it’s just me since I’m not big on spicy foods like what I always say. However, it would have been better if it was a little milder as not everyone would appreciate it being that spicy. Customers who want it to be very hot can just add some more chilies to it. But it was absolutely tasty in such a way that I had to endure the spiciness because I wanted more in every bite. 😁

The lumpiang shanghai was also full of ingredients and not just thick because of the wrapper and delicious, as well as the lechong kawali. I would have wanted more slices of the latter as it wasn’t highlighted much. But I think it wasn’t really meant to be a highlight but rather more of a garnishing for the pancit. In the future, I would love to see it in a separate section on the bilao. 😍

Brazo de Mercedes

Instinctively, Chloe sent me the family’s all-time favorite, Brazo de Mercedes. That said, the expectations were high, of course. But lo and behold! Mackoy’s Brazo de Mercedes was surprisingly delightful. It was fluffy, soft and full of custard filling. Unlike other brands that are either too dense or have only a bit of filling, this one satisfied my palate in many ways. It was melting in the mouth and so satisfying in the real sense of the word. It was a bit sweet for me but was so hard to resist that I had to fight the temptation of eating more than I should. πŸ€ͺ

Customized Cake

Now, for the main event. The customized cake was a blast and absolutely beautiful! 😍😍😍 I was stunned when I first saw it. It had my pseudonym on it (Anne Rainwater, the writer/blogger) and those cut cake decors representing me, such as a tiny laptop, a couple of books, a mousepad (I think), and even a cup of coffee. It was exactly me! It tasted even heavenly! Coated with chocolate ganache, the cake was super moist and simply perfect. It wasn’t even too sweet. Overall, it can compete with other famous brands because of its high quality and gorgeous presentation. 😘

My Verdict

Mackoy’s has almost everything you need for your next big party. Aside from the above food items they sent me, they also sell beverages cum desserts, such as mango tapioca and Chuckie jelly. They even have the sisig in frozen form and other cakes, breads, and pastries. Overall, the products I reviewed had only tiny bits of needed improvements, but they were all a delight for my taste buds. But more than the taste, it’s the owner’s pure heart that made me like the brand. I would love to see it growing further. πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

Place your order directly on their pages:

Mackoy's Kitchen’s Facebook

Mackoy's Kitchen's Instagram

Mackoy's KItchen's Instagram

 

Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement. My reviews are unbiased and based on my own experience. If I didn’t find anything negative about the product, it’s because there wasn’t any.

Follow me on:

Instagram 

Twitter

LinkedIn

Facebook

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZzizzlingBurger is Here! The Perfect Blend of Quality and Affordability

PANN Ya - A Little Piece of Heaven in Every Bite